Monday, January 21, 2013

Scarves I've Made Over Winter Break

     It's the day before classes start back and I'm trying to procrastinate my way out of some housework (apartmentwork?) for just a little while! So, I thought that I would share a couple of scarves that I've crocheted over break. I'm so proud of how these turned out! I made them using a pattern/ stitch sequence that I came up with myself. I really like it because you get these uniform rows of squares that are solid, yet pliable enough that you don't need button holes for the buttons. The green is made out of what is now officially my favorite yarn- it is a Loops and Threads wool blend. It is very soft and easy to work with, and because it is a bulkier yarn it works up quickly. The grey is made with an acrylic yarn from Lion Brand, which I like quite a bit, too. It is thick, cheap, and practical without being scratchy or stiff. In real life it is easier to see all of the little bits of color in it- I think it makes it more interesting than just flat grey. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment