Yum-yum for the tum- tum!
I like to experiment with my meatloaf- for example, if I have them on hand, I will grate up a nice, big carrot and add it in. My hubs isn't a huge fan of veggies, so I get them down him any way I can. This is an outline of my recipe, though you can mess with it quite a bit- I hardly ever make it exactly the same way twice:
- 1lb of ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 2 heels and 1 regular slice of bread, cut up into little cubes
- all but about a tablespoon of a pack of Lipton's onion soup mix
- a generous squirt of ketchup (4-ish tablespoons?)
- a generous squirt of Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce
- a couple tablespoons of finely chopped sweet onions
And for the sauce on top, I use the remaining Liptop's onion soup mix combined with another squirt of ketchup plus a squirt of Sweet Baby Ray's and just spread it evenly over- top of the loaf mixture. I bake it on 350 for around 45 minutes. And presto! Instant delicious. My hubs usually isn't a leftover fan, but if by some miracle we wind up with leftovers, he is all over them.
I can see celery and maybe some other veggies working out good in this recipe- hope it works out well for you if you decide to give it a shot!