Tuesday, May 10, 2011

prom eye #6: purple blossom

     So, the time has come for my very last prom eye post of this prom season. I really wish I could've done more! There were a few I even had planned up in the old noggin, but thanks to time constraints (whoever decided that prom season and finals weeks go well together was WRONG!), they never went on my face. Oh, well, there's always next year!
     This look was inspired by purple flowers. I have always been amazed at how many flower petals start out so light near the middle and turn into such a rich color on the edges, so I tryed to incorporate that into this look by blending three purple- hued colors on my lid so that the shift from light to dark was gradual and natural.



     Here are the colors I used:
-Fyrinnae's Moon Child to highlight
-Fyrinnae's Dragon Wing on the bottom lash line
-Mac's Bright Sunshine on the inner corner
-Shiro Cosmetic's Clefairy on the inner lid
-Fyrinnae's Forbidden Love on the middle part of the lid
-Frrinnae's Tapir on the outer lid and in the crease
     While I probably wouldn't wear the green on the lower lash line on any old day, making the colors gradient by blending was a pretty neat thing to learn to do and I'm eager to see how this technique will work with other colors!

5 comments:

  1. You did a great job with your blending: not everyone can pull off purple, yellow and green on the same eye, but you did it perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the transition of colours on your eye! So pretty :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a color combination that I would never have come up with but you did an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! Interesting use of the yellow in the inner corner! The look is so well blended!

    ReplyDelete