Wednesday, February 9, 2011

a sure- fire way to make a Mark

I own the colors  Pop & Bare.

      I'm going to be honest: I'm a lip product fanatic. Gloss has always always been my Achilles' Heel, but I've been known to dabble in lip stick and stains, too (even though the brighter colors are a bit scary sometimes!) So when I saw this product in the Mark megalog a while back... like maybe last September-ish?... I knew that it was something I wanted to try. And I love it so much that I'm going to share it with y'all.
     Gloss Gorgeous Stay On Lip Stain from Mark (a branch of Avon) is the hybrid of a lip gloss and lip stain. Let me explain. When you put it on it looks and feels like a silky, glassy gloss, but after the shine fades, the color does not. This product comes in a handy- dandy clicker pen equiped with a brush to paint the product into your lips. The packaging is really great on this, but I wish there was a clear section that showed how much product was left. That would be super handy- dandy :D 
     This gloss/ stain is far from thin, but it isn't thick, clumpy, or sticky. It is probably the least sticky gloss- type lip product I've ever used. They're aren't very many colors to chose from and the internet swatches aren't very good, but the colors that I've experienced are very nice, and I would bet are universally flattering. There is a light minty smell with these, but it fades fairly fast. It takes a while for the glossy- ness to wear off, and quite a bit longer for the stain to fade. It is lightly eat & drink proof. This is my go- to product when I want a pretty- yet- subtle pop of color.

Pop is on the left, Bare to the right.
With flash.

No flash.

This is one more swatch... for some reason Pop keeps looking like it leans slightly coral-y on my monitor, but it's more of a rose.


     As far as stars go, I give this one 5/5. It is something I will definitely repurchase, both because it has became a staple for me and because I would like to try the other colors. It is something that I recommend to gloss- lovers who want to start trying out new lip products. If you're interested in giving this a try, you can go to http://shop.meetmark.com/shop//product.aspx?src_page=product.aspx&level1_id=300&level2_id=469&pdept_id=483&dept_id=488&pf_id=38514 or find an Avon and/ or Mark representative near you.

No comments:

Post a Comment