Thursday, March 17, 2011

kiss me, I'm green- faced

     I hope that everyone had a wonderful Saint Patrick's Day! I know that I did. My boyfriend took me to a local restaurant where we had a nice meal and took in all of the green decorations/ green- beer drinkers. I even had some (green) bread pudding :)  Another fun green thing? Since my face is acting strange I used the Queen Helene mint julep masque today during my bath. No matter how awful my skin is being, I can always count on it to help. I thought about taking a quick picture of it on, but I concluded that even if I did bother to get out of my warm, fragrant tub, I really didn't want to post a picture of me while I wasn't wearing clothes (even if it was only of my face!)

Warding off pinches is serious business, and selecting the wrong attire could be... erm... painful. Yes, that is my cat in the picture... she wouldn't move....    

     And of course, I had to do a special green and gold eye look for the holiday. It is a little too bold for just any old day (for me, at least!) but I think it captures the spirit of St. Patrick's Day.

 Please excuse the spots on my face- I've been breaking out over the last few days and can't figure out why.

     Here is a list of some of the products that I used:
- cheeks: Nyx powder blush in Peach 
- lips: Tokyo Milk's lip elixer for a base; Loreal Le Rouge lip stick in Rambling Rose; Bath and Body Work's Kiss Me I'm Irish lip gloss on top (it really is the cutest thing... peppermint with teeny tiny iridescent glitter flecks)
- eyes: Pixie Epoxy over Urban Decay's Primer Potion; Fyrinnae's Polar Bear all over lid; Fyrinnae's Dragon's Wing in outer corner and in crease; Fyrinnae's Finnigan's Wake as a highlight on brown bone and inner corner (I couldn't wear a Dropkick Murphys shirt and not wear Finnigan's Wake!)

 All of the products that I used today... please ignore the yucky dresser, it was a leftover from when my sisters shared that room when we were little... currently in the process of shopping for a new antique (haha, oxymoron, I know!) bedroom suite.

     So, did you do anything special for Saint Patrick's Day?
    

2 comments:

  1. Love the makeup! Green and gold look awesome together! Glad you had a good St. Patrick's Day! I didn't do anything special. I didn't even wear any green :( I forgot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I used to forget all of the time in gradeschool... those pinchies weren't fun :(

    ReplyDelete