Sunday, April 17, 2011

prom eye #3: natural/ neutral/ simple

     This is the third look in my prom eye make up series. Its very neutral and natural, so it can easily be paired with a bold lip or dress. I think that the winged liner adds a bit of edge and elegance; plus, I think that it makes lashes look longer (no need for falsies!) By keeping things monochromatic with the browns, you won't have to worry about clashing colors. Because all of the shadows are in one tidy little palatte, choosing shades is simple enough and the directions are pressed right into the shadows, making application simpler for a newbie. I did use the middle shade in my outer V, too, not just my crease ;) The trickiest part is the liner, but the most important thing to remember is to just work slowly and be calm. If you're worried about getting the angles on each eye equal, a handy trick is to use tape so that you have a line to go by (and, that way, it's easier to keep the line precise!)




The shadows I used are all from Wet & Wild's Walking on Eggshells Iconic Eyes palette and the liner is Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Gel Cream Liner from the set for blue eyes.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this look! You did an amazing job on it! The winged liner looks awesome! And you look great with liner on the waterline!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thank you so much! I'm glad you like it :)

    ReplyDelete