Thursday, April 14, 2011

hardest post ever :P

     This post has literally been the most difficult one I've done yet. This isn't because I've been hard pressed to come up with charming subject matter, or even because I've been pressed for time; no, what has taken this post over three days to finally get posted was the fact that Fotoflexer has decided to hate me. I had the idea of putting descriptions and color names in the pictures to make them easier and quicker to read. I'm guessing that the heavy use of such features to enable this made Fotoflexer mad at me, so it has decided to stop letting me save pictures directly from the site. This has extended a maybe ten minute process for each finished graphic to around twenty minutes, not just because now I have to email pictures to myself to save them, but because I have to crop images similtaneously (if I try cropping one at a time, the other gets cropped out with the rest of the junk.) Bleh. And if that isn't bad enough, I have a prom eye that I wanted to post the other day but couldn't because my laptop won't detect it on my memory card, even though my camera will. I'll stop ranting now- I justed wanted to explain why I've been MIA despite promising not-too-long-ago several new posts! Now that I'm done flapping my jaws (tapping my fingers?) we'll get into this whole swatch & review deal.
     The only items that I hadn't previously tried were the Nyx Girls Round Lip Glosses, so I'll only be reviewing them in this post. Reviews for everything else can be found in this previous post:  http://chasingbluefeathers.blogspot.com/2011/02/time-to-nyx-having-to-drop-ton-of-cash.html. Whilst fetching this URL I just realized that I left out two lipsticks, which almost sent me into another fit of pulling-out-my-hair. But, because I like my hair (and my sanity), I'm just going to include them in a later blog post. :) By the way, left-clicking on an image will take you to  a new window where the image is much larger, or you can right-click and select "Open in New Tab" or "Open in New Window" to keep this page up and still open the larger images. This is how I do quite a bit of color-comparing when buying new products ;)

Single Eye Shadow



Powder Blush


Mega Shine Lip Gloss


Nyx Girls Round Lip Gloss

Pros: These have a similar consistancy to the Mega Shine glosses, though they are a touch thinner and they lack any sort of added scent. These are also very pigmented and are opaque on the lips, but they can be sheered down if youuse a lighter hand. The glitter/ shimmer is ultra- fine and is a nice touch without having the in-your-face-lipgloss-glitter-residue effect after the gloss wears off (I don't know about anyone else, but I HATE it when the gloss wears off and there are still large bits of glitter spread all over my bare lips... it's not a good look for me!) Another cool things that happens when the glossy-ness wears off is that there is a rich stain left over. The gloss itself hangs around for quite some time (a few hours) but the stain lasts until you physically wear it off, eg. eating, drinking, smooching, et c. I'll stop now with the Latin abbreviations :D
Cons: Since these do stain, care should be taken to not over-apply onto the face, unless you are going for a look that says "I've been noshing on something messy and forgot to use my napkin." The same care should be used around fabrics that don't need accidental polka- dots.
Stars: 5/5
Would I buy again?: I'm interested in how "Whipped" would perform for a nude lip and "Sorbet" looks darling, so probably.


2 comments:

  1. That sucks you have a hard time getting photos uploaded :( Thanks for the review. I wish I had a source for NYX close to me, I'd like to check out some of their products! I need to see if that Ulta store that is opening north of me has opened yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome :)
    I've been ordering from Cherry Culture (cherryculture.com) because there isn't a store that sells Nyx anywhere close to here. They have sales pretty often and you get free shipping on $40 or more, plus free chapstick with every order. It's not a bad setup, but the shipping takes forever. I've always wanted to go to an Ulta, lol! Hope that one is a good one!

    ReplyDelete